Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Counting carbs... the easy way!

Ok, so, I'm an Atkins guy, which means book-keeping. My daily net carb limit (currently 25) means I need to track foods as I eat them to ensure I'm staying within that limit.

So, either I keep a daily diary (yuck), or I have to remember everything I've eaten and recalculate on the fly, right?

Nope.

The answer here is to use a mechanical or electrical counter, like a lap counter, stroke counter, or pitch counter found in any decent sporting goods store. I found a nice, cheap lap counter at Target -- it goes up to 9999, but I only need the first two digits, and it has a manual dial reset so I can bring it back to 0000 at the start of the day. Eat 1 oz of peanuts (3 net carbs)? Simply click the counter 3 times. Just carry it with you, click as you go, and you'll always have your daily count current!

No comments: